Hayfever season may be over, but beware of indoor allergens creeping up on you as you spend more time indoors this Autumn…
This week is Indoor Allergy Awareness Week (11th – 17th November 2013), and it’s surprising how much you can do to bat away nasty allergens with a few simple tips.
Here’s 10 tips that LG can help you with (or that you can help your LG appliance fight against):
– 60 degrees is the required temperature to destroy the House Dust Mite – all LG washing machines have the facility to wash at this temperature, and further to this a selection of our laundry appliances can introduce steam into the cycle. Steam can get into your fabrics much easier than water, with it being made up of such minuscule particles, eradicating 99.98% of indoor allergens such as dust mites and pet hair.
– Give your empty machine a spin at a high temperature every month to remove any mould spores and detergent residue. Many LG laundry appliances have a function called ‘Tub Clean’ so it’s never been easier!
– After use, dry the detergent drawer, glass door and rubber seal to prevent any mould from forming and going into your machine.
– Wash your curtains every 3 months – these are a haven for dust mites (the heavier they are the cosier they are for bugs!) and hayfever allergens (which can still be present for up to 3 months after hayfever season).
– For co-habiting allergy sufferers and pets, refrain from letting cats and dogs on the sofa (as cuddly as they may appear), and wash pet bedding at a temperature of at least 60 degrees (ideally with an injection of TrueSteam™).
– Wash sofa covers regularly, if you’re replacing a sofa, leather is much less susceptible to retaining allergens and nestling House Dust Mites.
– Do not put damp clothes away in the wardrobe after washing.
– Vacuum your floors and rugs daily. For ultra convenience, a robotic vacuum cleaner such as LG’s HOM-BOT Square can be scheduled to give your floors a clean at a certain time every day. NB the extended brushes and square shape of the HOM-BOT Square ensure it can reach into corners effectively.
– Soft toys should be washed with non-bio washing detergent, or detergent suitable for sensitive skin, at over 56 degrees. Should a lower temperature be needed, put the toy in a freezer overnight before washing to kill off bacteria.
– Clean out your fridge freezer regularly, paying particular attention to corners. Don’t forget the seal and gasket which are a hotspot for bacteria to congregate, and can distort and stain. LG refrigeration products are equipped with BioShield, an anti-microbial agent to prevent mould growth.
Take a look at the interactive allergy home on Allergy UK’s website for further information and tips on busting the bugs!
LG’s TrueSteam™ Washing Machines, and our RC9042AQ3Z Tumble Dryer are proven to remove more common household allergens than conventional machines, as endorsed by the British Allergy Foundation.
This weekend, LG are performing a Steam Demonstration Day at Gillman’s, our original appliance Shop-in-Shop. From 10am until 4pm our team will be on hand to show you the power of steam, how to use it and the benefits it can provide you with in your wash appliances.
St Oswald’s Road