Make your Mothers’ day with LG’s ultimate Chocolate Fridge Cake!
Treat the most important lady in your life to a homemade cake this Mothers Day – and before you jump at the thought of burnt tops or soggy bottoms – this recipe simply sits in your LG fridge – no baking required!
LG’s ultimate Chocolate Fridge Cake.
Makes 12 squares – perfect served with an afternoon coffee!
250 g crushed Ginger biscuits (such as hobnobs);
150g good quality milk chocolate;
150g good quality dark chocolate (we recommend Green & Blacks);
100g unsalted butter;
150g golden syrup;
100g candied cherries;
60g pecans, chopped.
1. Line 20cm square baking tin with cling film, tucked under lip of tin;
2. Crush the biscuits in a bag using a rolling pin until they reach a crumb consistency;
3. Melt chocolate, butter and golden syrup in heat resistant bowl over boiling water (on the hob or in a basin of boiled water) stirring occasionally;
4. Stir in broken biscuits, cherries and pecans;
5. Spoon mixture into your prepared tin, ensuring even distribution and leave to cool;
6. Put your cake mix into the fridge for 2 hours;
7. When removed from fridge, use the cling film to pull the cake from the tin, remove film and cut into 12 squares
8. Serve to your Mum to thank her for all the times she’s made YOU scrummy cakes!