According to a traditional story, the original potato chip recipe was created in Saratoga Springs, New York on August 24, 1853. Agitated by a patron repeatedly sending his fried potatoes back because they were too thick, soggy and bland, resort hotel chef, George Crum, decided to slice the potatoes as thin as possible, frying them until crisp and seasoning them with extra salt. Deep frying can be unhealthy so why not use your LG Microwave to save your time, money and body!
All you need is your Microwave and a few potatoes! That’s how simple it is!
1. 2 or 3 medium sized Maris Piper or Rooster potatoes
2. 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
3. Sea Salt
4. Black Pepper
1. Give the potatoes a good scrub and slice them (skin on) into thin slices approx 2mm thick
2. Put the oil, salt and pepper into into a plastic bag and shake the mixture to coat the potato slices
3. Lightly grease the plate with a drop of oil
4. Place the potatoes on the plate ensuring there’s no overlapping and lightly sprinkle the Paprika
5. Microwave on full power for approx 5 mins (times vary based on thickness and amount of slices)
6. Check to see if they have started to turn brown (be careful, the plate will be VERY hot) if not then put them in for another 2 mins and repeat until the crisps start to turn brown
7. Remove from the microwave and empty onto some kitchen roll on a plate and let them cool
8. Repeat the process with the rest of the potatoes
9. Serve and Enjoy with dips!!