Unfortunately, jam in the U.K. is sometimes perceived as a second-rate commoditised product. We’ve fallen out of love with jam! It’s time we reminisced with some tea, scones and jam… It’s JamJamboree time all week!
Here’s a simple and clever way to make raspberry jam in your LG microwave – ideal when you only want to make a small amount at a time!
1. Warm 250g sugar in a large microwavable bowl for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in 250g raspberries (freshly picked if possible).
3. Microwave for ca. 5 minutes – until it reaches boiling point, stirring every other minute to ensure all the sugar has dissolved and not sticking to the bowl.
TAKE EXTRA CARE WHEN HANDLING THE BOWL AS IT WILL BE VERY VERY HOT.
4. Continue to microwave until setting point is reached (ca. 3 minutes). To test for setting, drop a little jam on a saucer, if the skin wrinkles as you draw your finger over it, the jam is ready. If not, cook the jam for a further 3 minutes, then test again. Continue testing every 3 minutes until setting point is reached.
5. Once ready, pour into a sterilised jar, seal & label.
If you don’t fancy making the easiest Jam ever… then try out some more here. Either way we’ll be enjoying our quick Microwave Jam on a slice of toast tomorrow morning AND perhaps on a scone with a dab of thick clotted cream in the afternoon?!…
Tweet us what Jam will you be having for JamJamboree week!?
JamJamboree is the brainchild of Clippy McKenna, the “kitchen entrepreneur”, “master preserver” and founder of Clippy’s, a unique, awarding-winning, innovative food & drink brand. For more information on our range of LG Microwave Ovens head over to our website.