With St. Georges day celebrations coming later this month, then what better to feed your little dragons with than a quick traditional English treat to perk your family up?
Here’s a sticky toffee pudding recipe that you can do in your LG Microwave:
1. Grease and line the bases of 6 x large ramekins / dessert bowls (ca. 250ml in size).
2. Put 100g of chopped (pitted) dates and 50g of mixed dried fruit into a bowl with ¾ tsp of bicarbonate of soda and 175ml of boiling water.
3. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, cream together 150g of light muscovado sugar and 75g of softened butter until light and fluffy. Add 2 medium sized eggs then sift in 175g of self-raising flour.
5. Fold in the date & mixed fruit mixture.
6. Divide between the ramekins / dessert bowls.
7. Pop 3 of your puds in your LG Microwave and cook for 5 minutes on 750W setting.
8. Leave to stand for 1 minute.
9. Now for the best bit – the toffee sauce….
10. Put 150g of softened butter, 225g of light muscovado sugar and 6 tbsp of crème fraîche into a microwavable bowl
11. Pop in your LG Microwave for ca. 2-3 minutes on 750W and stir well to ensure heated throughout.
12. Turn out your puds on to small plates and pour over the toffee sauce on each one (making sure you have pick the one with the most!)
13. Add a generous dollop of ice cream!